WILDLIFE ECOLOGY: recent field of interest
I am recently studying the rain forests of Western Ghat Hills in south India and the forests of Eastern Himalaya in Arunachal Pradesh, India. These are the two terrestrial biodiversity hotspots of my country.
Ecosystems & Santuaries:
- I have studied the avifauna of southern blocks of western ghat hill forests and check list has been published (find in my publication page)
- I have gathered sufficient limnological information regarding the lotic and lentic habitats amid above mentioned forests.
- Community analysis on the avi- and mammal-fauna of Mouling National Park, Arunachal Pradesh, India have also been published in Current Science, Geobios, Wetlands etc.
- Studying the migratory birds of Santragachhi jheel at Howrah, West Bengal, India for the last three years.
- Studying the diversity and migration of avifauna and prey-predator relations and prey-preferfence in mammals of the trerai forests of West Bengal, India.
- Studied the biodiversity of Halliday Island of Sunderbans, West Bengal, India with the sponsorship of WB Forest Dept.